Bliss.

Bliss.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Was ich denke

I hope the quiz thing succeeds.
I shouldn't have been so hopeful about IISc. 
But it was a great experience. Im happy I interacted with a few researchers.

What to do when you HATE somebody but you can't really pinpoint why? And to add to that, your ventures might require their presence? AARGH. I know its horrid but I probably hate this person more than Hori (of Carmel. The only person I really hate) but I don't know why. Or maybe...

And Yesterday, I felt happy. A lot of things cleared up. Im clear about what I feel, atleast about this. Im happy for the person. I guess I always knew the truth deep down, I probably didn't listen to myself. And I don't think all that matters, does It?

I havent written anything good in a long time. My NRI story is lame, I think. I wrote an argument to some article in BM by Aseem Chabbra. I figured that I know a lot about Bollywood. I liked my analysis.

Its basically about what we define Bollywood to be. People say Jab We Met, EMAET, PST and now Kahaani reflect the real Bollywood. But I strongly feel that such straitjacketed thinking does not represent Bollywood.
Bollywood comprises of Everything, from song and dance filled stories to Paisa vasool movies like Dabangg, OSO, Bodyguard, comedies like the Golmaal trilogy, Yash Raj romances, Akshay Kumar's acion flicks, contemplative movies like A Wednesday, Firaaq, Peepli Live and Dhobi Ghat, dark thrillers from the Bhatt camp and yet there's space for new age film makers like Anurag Kashyap, Vikramaditya Motwane and Tigmanshu Dhulia. Bollywood is large hearted enough to have all of them. They all collectively define Bollywood. It would be highly unfair to liken Bollywood to just a few budding filmmakers just to elevate Bollywood to Hollywood standards. Bwood doesn't need the comparison. We are unique, we have different stories to tell and honestly, we all like a healthy dose of song and dance. That's who we are and there's no running away from it just be comparable with Hollywood. Come to think of it, it sounds ridiculous.

(Do I sound like I know what I'm talking? 
I hope so.)

I got a haircut.


Kay bye.

Jaybee Maybe? Haha I miss Pinki.

Actually no. Lol. And No Idlis for me. They're fine though.

2 comments:

  1. You really did sound like you know what you're talking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then its thanks to the endless perusal of Bangalore Mirror. LOL. But anyway I've always been well informed with regard to Bollywood. lol :)

    ReplyDelete

...