Bliss.

Bliss.

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Of What Is Dead And Buried.

Apologies. (in case you were waiting)
  • February, the month of sports, cultural events and college day has passed. It's back to the routine of classes, postings and practicals for a while now. Except that the class trip is coming up over this weekend. :D
Saana Kundu and Mee. :)
  • Restarted jogging (or rather, brisk walking) for the simple reason that it helps me remain active and for the rest of the day, not to mention that I need to remain fit.
  • Bibliophile Updates:
    • Chasing Tomorrow by Tilly Bagshawe (thanks to Anu! :D )
    • Best Kept Secret by Jeffrey Archer (thanks to Likki! :D )
    • Be Careful What You Wish For by Jeffrey Archer
  • We're currently in our ENT postings. By the end of these postings we would have seen several endoscopies and Indirect Laryngoscopies (fingers crossed for chance to see a Tympanoplasty in the OT. After 3 days of maám, Ballal Sir taught us today! (rather he extracted answers out of us and tested our Anatomy by going into the specifics. The thing is, we tend to mumble the answers (right or wrong) to ourselves and the teachers either lose interest in us or demand to know what is it that we're whispering to ourselves. Although it was a HIGHLY embarrassing session where we realized how much we've forgotten, it was interactive and fun as well. :)
  • We finished our OBG Postings which was majorly a theoretical session where we learnt about Pre Ecclampsia, Gestational DM, Ante-Partum and Post partum Hemorrhage, Labor, Cesarean Section and several other topics. What rankled us is the fact that the next batch is getting to watch procedures in the OT while we never did. :(
  • Professors respond based on the kind of interaction they receive from the students. An interactive session encourages the teacher and they share more information because they know the students are receptive. This is a probable explanation why each batch is treated differently in the postings.
  • Communal violence in Shimoga town prompted the authorities to declare holidays and impose curfew and Section 144 in the surroundings. Normalcy has returned and the Section will be lifted post Holi.
  • Pathology has started to worry me because I realize that my brain does not want to accept, process or retain anything related to Leukemia. Being insulted by Mr.Y has become a regular affair and you develop some tolerance to it but the worrying fact is that there is actually truth in what he says. Sarcasm from Mr.V is nothing new but the fact that he is actually being honest is rather depressing. What kind of clinicians will we become? What kind of diagnosis will we do? What sort of Examination will we do on our patients? What kind of studying is this if it doesn't help you treat your patient?
  • I don't know if it's a good thing that I keep reverting to the past and tend to look at it as a guiding light to what lies ahead. In some ways, I miss the excitement of first year, the rush to go take our place in the dissection hall (lest some other hyper excited idiot starts off dissecting by getting their hands on the dissection box), the little preparation we did before dissection (because RK wouldn't spare us if we failed to answer or atleast made a decent attempt) and our involvement in the whole process. Have things changed? Has the excitement dwindled? Or does it depend on whether the lecturer is engaging enough?
  • Patching up has its advantages. You feel lighter and a load seems to have lifted off your chest. You no longer carry the burden of misunderstandings that continues to grow rapidly with time like a malignant tumor. Sometimes, you've got to leave your ego behind you and make the first move. Everything else will sort itself out. :)
  • Too many things have been going on lately. Too much confusion and way too much nonsense. And that brings me to the point I'd like to stress upon in this post: Me-time. The idea of personal time seems to have completely vanished. The idea of having time for oneself has become extinct and everything is either a joint effort or a collaboration and I'm beginning to realize how much I've become dependent on this collaboration. Now, I've always been comfortable with the idea of being "solo", more than that, I've actually enjoyed the clarity of thought and peace that it gives, even if the rest of the world interprets it as anti-social.
  • Certain decisions ought to be taken in the near future. Neither is the perfect solution but one must decide which is more viable and which is the closest solution to what I need.
  • Of late, I've been gripped by a persistent dilemma. About the future. Have I really chosen the right thing? Is this career suited for me? Will I be able to do justice to it? I seem to have elapsed into a vortex of passivity and rarely do I emerge and interact productively. Added to this is the misery of having forgotten Anat, Physio and Biochem which the professors take joy in pointing out with great scorn and sarcasm. This makes me question myself, are my methods wrong? Is my approach wrong? Do I need to revise more often? Or am I not cut out for this? This is the profession I have chosen for myself. Will I be successful with the same rate of effort? My weakness is that I evade, avoid and detest explaining any concept. I'm slowly beginning to realize how important it is to be able to describe a process, a condition or a mechanism with simplicity. This quality is one of the foremost prerequisites of a medico, not just the ability to fill endless pages of information. Painful as it seems, the distinction that I worked for means nothing. Every other day, I question myself as to how I've passed first year of MBBS. Have I cheated myself more than anybody else by passing?
  • Very often, one is tempted to join the herd. When even those closest to you, it doesn't seem so bad after all. But then, it's at these moments that you should stick to your principles and do what is right.


  • I am strongly tempted to Delete (Not Just Deactivate or Uninstall) WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Hike (yes, even silly Hike) but such temptations have become a regular thing. Rarely do I "succumb" to them.
  • Plans to meet MaPaDi have once again been postponed. It might be another month before we meet. Bheemi has exams coming up, I have ENT, She'll have her results and then hopefully I can meet them all. Nidhz is busy with boards (for an entire month. Phew!) so it will be a while before I meet them as well. It's been I while since I spoke to Ajji-Bajji, I should probably call her today.
  • Check out the Prognosis App on Google Play Store. An interesting app where you've got to diagnose a case based on the given input, investigate with relevance and treat accordingly. You score based on your performance and you get a detailed explanation regarding the diagnosis and course of treatment and why the other options are less appropriate in the case concerned. 
  • OH AND BY THE WAY, I've completely forgotten to mention about my May Plans!! This may be a little hard to believe (you might even be tempted to Roll On The Floor and Laugh but it's true). I intend to travel by myself to Mumbai and meet Bhopieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for a few days. (I can do cool stuff in life too)
  • I'm currently writing another story. Let's hope I persevere and finish it. :D
  • Musicophilia:
    • It's Empty (The Click Five) [Song courtesy: Annlee! :D]
    • Yun Hi Chala (Swadesh)
    • Jeena Jeena (Atif <3)
  • Quote Factory:
    • "Anyone can be a good winner. The sign of a great man is how you handle defeat." -Jeffrey Archer (Best Kept Secret)
    • "Sneham Mathram Puchikaruthu (Malayalam) - Never Belittle Love."-Preethi Shenoy (Life Is What You Make It)
    • “You’re so bossy.” “Why is a woman always described as bossy, when if a man did the same thing he’d be thought of as decisive, commanding and displaying qualities of leadership?” -Jeffrey Archer (Be Careful What You Wish For)
                                        
Seeya Later Folks! (Sedative Hypnotics awaits! BTW Did you know that Sedatives technically are not for insomnia but for producing a calming effect and decreasing irritability? Hypnotics are the ones used in those cases to induce sleep. Sounds confusing? Read this.
Awwwww.


No comments:

Post a Comment

...