Bliss.

Bliss.

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Perennial Pondering

Hello there readers,

Once again I have plenty on my mind but I'm quite tired to make sense. The past few weeks have been busy thanks to the internals and OBG.
Speaking of this posting, it looks like we got on the wrong side of our Professor at the start of postings and we've got to bear the brunt of a supposed mass bunk. But this term has also got me taking a lot more cases unlike last term where our attention to detail and attempt to follow up every case lead hampered our pace.

Medicine has got me worried because I have no idea how I cleared those internals and I hardly put in any reading for it specifically but maybe I'll need to rectify it asap. These days, I've got Ortho on my mind and there is a LOT to do but I don't know how much I'm actually going to remember. I'll prolli write manage with ORIF and K wires for half the questions and walk out like a boss. I also think I have some serious deficits in the way I read. Somehow, my approach seems to be more theoretical than practical oriented. Also, internal comparisons with anyone and everyone tend to send my spirits plummeting to the depths of despair.

On an other note, life often throws pleasant surprises your way when you least expect it such as an interesting coincidence.

On yet another unrelated note, people assume the importance that you place for them in your life. Nobody asks for it. It is you who is responsible.

Sometimes, the mere thought of what the future holds is quite scary. Of course, I often talk like eternal sunshine and daisies but when you start thinking about the realities, it seems an infinite abyss.

Songs I enjoy include
Bawara Mann (Jolly llb)
Into Dust by Mazza Star (heard in an episode of House MD)

So I had to address the juniors  a few days ago and this a script of the big day.


It all began symbolically on the 15th of August 2013 when I set foot on campus as a bright eyed first year student.

Respected dignitaries on the dias, teachers, parents and juniors, I'm here to share my journey so far and I thank the faculty and management for giving me this opportunity. 

Hearty congratulations to all of you for making it to medical college against all odds. From this day, a new journey begins.
When I joined medical college, I was bombarded with advice from all corners; the highlight being- Do not neglect your first year, it is your hardest! Now, it may seem redundant to state the same message, but from my own experience, it is always helpful to remain consistent through the year and get your basics clear. The foundation that you lay now will set the stage for the skyscrapers that you will build in future. 

Hostel life, in itself is a great teacher. I vividly remember the nights spend in the corridor studying osteology with bones in hand, the maggi parties that turned into long discussions on life and the countless birthdays that were celebrated.*
The friends you cultivate will decide the trajectory of your path. The constant stream of tests, internals and impending fear of exams can be very stressful but having a good set of friends is one of the best things that can happen to you. 

With a vast syllabus, new surroundings and unfamiliar faces around you, our teachers were approachable and friendly. From the first year Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry professors to the final year professors, they continue to inspire us to give our best. Be it a simple doubt, an intercollegiate quiz and a poster presentation at a conference, they are always willing and eager to help you- if you show the interest. 

On a lighter note, the college fest brings out the creativity, talent and sportsmanship of the students. The Cultural and Sports Week gives students a much needed break from the routine. 

Coming from a metropolitan area, I was initially unsettled in Shimoga but in time, I have begun to enjoy this well developed, unpolluted and peaceful city. It has given me plenty of opportunities to meet new people, visit nearby hill stations, beaches and waterfalls but for now, first year is not the time for sightseeing! :) 

Finally I'd like to conclude with a quote: Believe in the beauty of your dreams and do not stop until your goal is reached.**

Thank you

* so apparently just before my speech, Sir had mentioned how parties are strictly forbidden on campus so when I said birthday parties and maggi parties, there was a huge commotion with all students discussing excitedly about the supposed laxity of rules. After my speech, Sir clarified that I celebrated these parties at a low volume in the confines of my room to which I sarcastically nodded in agreement.

** Today some miserable junior struck up a conversation with us and I was interrogated if I was from Bangalore, my parents were from Bangalore, if I studied in Bangalore and where specifically and last but not the least, 'If it was my dream to join this college or I wanted to join a Bangalore college like BMCRI or MSRMC?' To which I could only reply that she could answer the question herself and left their annoying presence but with a can of worms unleashed in my rabid brain.

Coffee seems to be working like magic but not for the right reasons.

CME coming up in our college and preparations in full swing for the same.

Ciao fellow sapiens

No comments:

Post a Comment

...