Bliss.

Bliss.

Monday, May 11, 2020

Musings of May

The Time Machine.

To travel back in time, how I yearn!
Ancient scripts and hieroglyphics to discern,
For glimpses of dynasties and an era gone by,
I'd hop onto a time machine and fly!

Amidst the aristocratic royals at the Promenade,
Perhaps a British earl to serenade,
Beyond the Iron Curtain in an oriental landscape,
Living in exotic castles with trapdoors to escape.

With zest and zeal, I join the Industrial Revolution,
While the world grapples with illnesses having no solution.
The rise of modern era, the decline of an Empire,
Enslaved nations begin to rebel and aspire.

Through the freedom struggles, I stride,
As a new nation is born, I watch with pride.
Through riots, wars, poverty and disease we emerge,
At the dawn of the millenium, we surge.

As I pass through stamped post cards and ringing telephones,
I pause and reflect at this moment of peace,
If only this instant, I could capture and seize;
And not go back to a virus spreading with ease!



Dreaming of cherry blossoms in Japan,
While looking at rotations of my fan.
Scrolling through meadows and mountains afar,
As dust gathers on our unused car.
Building castles in the air,
About when I could go out without a care!



An Ode To Imagination.

On flying chariots and winged unicorns I travel,
Even as spell binding tales of wizards and witches unravel,
On broomsticks and carpets I fly into the starry night,
Or perhaps shuttle across the galaxy, hold tight!

With birds and beasts as companions, I explore,
Unknown lands and mystic folklore,
On other days, I live in a futuristic universe,
With gadgets and gizmos that speak in verse.

They say we lack magic and superpower,
But have you ever stopped to marvel at the mind,
Spinning yarns of places you could never find,
Of creatures and creations beyond our kind?

Neither the past or future we hold,
We can only watch as history shall unfold,
Yet, Imagination, with no threshold,
Is perhaps worth its weight in gold! 
.
//To the creativity of every fantasy book you've read, sci-fi thriller you've watched or the latest imaginative series you're bingeing on!//.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

...