Bliss.

Bliss.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Laika And Liu

I guess I was in first or second standard when I first heard about Laika. The first dog in space. It sounded Incredible! And the first woman in space, Valentina Tereshkova... No doubt I'd come across the names in some GK Book.. And the names did not fade away from my memory for some reason..


Nearly a decade later, I'm reminded of the canine.. I was wondering if I returned alive. Wikipedia confirmed my worst fears. 10 years ago, I don't think I thought about it. I probably took it for granted that Laika would have gone on a short trip to space and would have returned back to Earth safely. Sadly, It was more like a planned murder. 

The dear old doggie :(


Liu Bolin is a Chinese artist. After the Communist party closed down his art studio in 2004 or something, he has taken to photographing himself. Catch is that you need to look twice before you can spot him. He is painted to blend in with his surroundings. I found it as an unconventional way to protest. Here have a look :) Or just go to the Yahoo homepage. Today..


Do you remember Michael Collins? Chances are slim.
Recently somebody asked me who was the 3rd person on the Apollo 11 space shuttle? Try as I might, I couldn't recollect the name, though I had a feeling that it was at the tip of my tongue.


He was the man who was SO close to the moon and yet he didn't land. Who wouldn't regret it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

...