Bliss.

Bliss.

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Meherbaaaaaaan.

Listen to that song! *-*
So Basically, the MBBS Phase 1 results are out for the rest of the world. 
Except a fraction of the students at SIMSRC.
Unfair is probably the word to use at this moment. -_-
Hence we're just living each day out, hoping for some respite from this mad mad tension that fails to go away.
Kindly note, I'm blogging to forget about our present situation.Nothing more, nothing less.


The past two weeks have been great. I spent abysmally few number of days at Vasanthnagar and I don't think I can ever forgive myself for doing this. :'( Let's hope I can still go there for a few days in the near future. Nevertheless, it's one tradition I can never ever break. Every vacation involves a few days (a minimum of a week generally) at this place where I bore the hell out of the gracious hosts (and in return, I am the butt of all jokes, literally! :P ) 


Post Vasanthnagar was the sleepover at Sanjana's place. Finally! And I received one of the biggest surprises I had never imagined in my wildest dreams :D Three unforgettable gifts that I will cherish forever. The term "You made my day" received a new meaning after what I saw!In fact I couldn't believe my eyes initially.So after this we went shopping on the streets of HSR and got something identical as well! Time flies and before I knew it, I was heading home after a great sleepover! :D

And on Sunday, Mani Anu and I met Chandana ma'am after a long time! (Belated Teacher's day visit) Meeting ma'am and listening to her is sometimes like a reality check, sometimes like a beacon of light to guide us and it brought back memories of high school, the "good fun" we used to have, the excitement we had towards her classes, the bond we all had among ourselves and with our teachers, which as the years progress is slowly diminishing. 

As a teacher, ma'am has seen an evolution of sorts, with each passing batch of students, the mentality of students changes, hence the approach of the teacher also changes, but the vast difference between her initial batches and the students of today left us quite surprised. So after some more "gyaan" from ma'am we left her house, walked a short distance away from her house and clicked pictures (Oh come on! :P) I finally got a picture in my gaaadi (No it's actually my mom's. Pink is NOT my favourite color. -_-) Yep, I'm shamelessly excited about finally getting a picture in it! B)


Dr. Mani, Anu and Me :)

 So :)
Updates!
Books on the radar:

  • Fourth Estate by Jeffrey Archer
  • Four by Veronica Roth (Part of the Divergent Series)
  • Cell by Robin Cook
  • Prisoner of Birth by Jeffrey Archer
  • House of Cards by Sudha Murty
  • Be Careful What You Wish For by Jeffrey Archer
Kannada Comedy plays we've watched:
  • Uttara Bhoopa (based on the Kannada writer Beechi)
  • Samayakondu Sullu (Starring Shivaram and other theatre veterans)
Both plays were a laugh riot and made us realize that Theatre doesn't get the attention it deserves, the respect it commands considering the effort involved in performing in front of live audience. In fact the plays were a lot better than the sole movie I've watched with my family in the holidays "Sharan Adyaksha".

Achievements:
  • 2.5Kms in less than 20 minutes on the treadmill.
  • Swimming from 10 feet to 5 feet without drowning (but after making several obvious attempts at eye contact with the life guard dude just in case :P )
  • Driving nearby (commands issued by Amma. I'm not going to say at what speed I was driving. You'll ROTFL)
Off late, I've been thinking. Old age is a phase most people dread. The mere thought of ageing and being dependent frightens a lot of people. It is also equally frightening to watch the people around you, the ones you know so well, the ones you love so much, becoming dependent. It is just that it is equally hard to watch. Life isn't eternal. Watching the subtle changes of those around you due to age is very sobering. After all, they're the ones who first held your hand and helped take your first step, saved you from stumbling and wiped the tears of pain, sorrow, loss and failure. :(

The other day, I had to make several visits few doctors in different hospitals. One of them is considered one of the best in the city, but extremely overpriced. After a lukewarm response and a big fat bill, I realized one thing, you see the world differently as a doctor and as a patient, the world sees you differently too. And sometimes, when you've seen both sides of the coin, the disparity strikes you. 

Tata. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

...